Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Being Consistent


You never know that your readers are going to like or dislike. One of the problems any writer has is being consistent with readers. I have found that is very difficult. I have had some readers write me how they loved Tanglewood Road and disliked The Possessor. Others write how much they like The Possessor. As an author, you write what you feel and that may not be consistent with what you've written in the past. On the other side of the coin, I may think people will love one book over another and be dead wrong! So, as I continue to refine my skills, do I want to be consistent? Yes...but I don't want to end up hating what i write in the process.  I am about to finish my next book and I have no idea where it will end up with my readers. I do know that another novel is forming in my mind... but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment