Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Share Me


The check from Amazon from the sale of my books brought a smile to my face. After all, I have two major goals in writing: make money and entertain my readers. I am slowly on the way to achieving both goals.  Seeing my bank account grow was very gratifying, but it doesn't compare to listening to someone tell me how much they enjoyed reading my books. My first thought is I touched someone. I made them feel good. Writing and publishing your own books is time-consuming, tiring, and the marketing of your books is never ending. I made mistakes  along the way(I published the wrong draft of Tanglewood Road and didn't discover the mistake until three weeks had passed!), but I don't give up because this is my passion. This past weekend, a friend was telling me how much she was enjoying Tanglewood Road. She wanted to know if it was okay to pass the book on to her friends to read. I had no problem with that, but I did ask her to do one thing for me. Tell her friends about the book if she liked it. Tell her friends on Facebook, Google Plus, email, and any other social media. Word of mouth, social media, and the internet are becoming even more important to new and established authors with the popularity of eBooks growing and starting to surpass print books. I have a web site: http://www.davidmhooper.com and an author's page on Amazon.com.  So, if you feel inclined, tell your friends

No comments:

Post a Comment